As it’s said “a good product speaks for its self” lithium-ion battery stands out today as the most preferred option for all your battery needs. this of course wasn’t an easy task after the fight to gain acceptance with the famous nickel-cadmium in the early 1990s. Today, lithium-ion is the fastest growing and most promising battery chemistry.
In this article, I will take you through all you need to know about lithium-ion batteries from chemical composition, mode of storage, maintenance, prices, applications, and your best vendor to purchase a lithium-ion battery with the best quality. please Stick with me!
WHAT IS LITHIUM-ION BATTERY?
A lithium-ion battery or Li-ion battery (abbreviated as LIB) is a type of rechargeable battery which are commonly used for portable electronics(iPods, wristwatches, phones, etc), electric vehicles and of course solar storage bank which is our utmost interest because at INNOVATEENERGY we focus on bringing the best solar products- lithium-ion is not an exception because it the powerhouse of the storage system.
so the question why should I choose a lithium-ion battery for my solar storage system? well, I will answer that question without grinding because INNOVATEENERGY has used it for many years and it has come out successful.
let me quickly give you a hint as to what differentiates lithium-ion battery for other lead-acid battery.
NOTABLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LITHIUM-ION BATTERY & OTHER BATTERIES
Lithium-ion batteries (Li-ion) have many desirable characteristics such as high efficiencies, a long cycle life, high energy density, and high power density this is because the electrodes of a lithium-ion battery are made of lightweight lithium and carbon. furthermore, Lithium is also a highly reactive element, meaning that a lot of energy can be stored in its atomic bonds.
I don’t want to bore you with much chemistry but to make it clear why we use lithium-ion, Here is a way to get a clear picture of the energy density of lithium-ion batteries, a typical lithium-ion battery can store 150 watt-hours of electricity in 1 kilogram of battery. while a NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) battery pack can store perhaps 100 watt-hours per kilogram. lithium-ion batteries can also deliver up to 3.6 Volts, 3 times higher than technologies such as Ni-Cd or Ni-MH. Now you know what we are giving you.
Not minding that lithium-ion battery is maintenance-free, it also cheap in a way considering the standard at which it’s built. These batteries have many advantages which I will show now, but keep in mind that all products have their flaws as well, so I will brief you on the disadvantages as well. keep in touch!
ADVANTAGES OF LITHIUM-ION BATTERY
without exaggeration or favoritism, I will give you a brief list of the advantages of lithium-ion as a solar battery, this is what we have discovered over the years using lithium-ion as a solar storage battery. These advantages include:
1. lithium-ion batteries have relatively low self-discharge, this means that they lose only about 5 percent of its charge per month, compared to a 20 percent loss in some battery technology.
2. lithium-ion battery has a high energy density
3. Li-ion batteries have no memory effect, this a detrimental process where repeated partial discharge/charge cycles can cause a battery to ‘remember’ a lower capacity. this simply means that you do not have to completely discharge them before recharging.
4. Lithium-ion batteries can handle hundreds of charge/discharge cycles, which means an increased lifespan.
5. As I have mentioned earlier, the lithium-ion battery has low maintenance cost and do not require scheduled cycling to maintain their battery life.
DISADVANTAGES OF LITHIUM-ION BATTERY
Just like there are so much to gain using a lithium-ion battery as your solar battery, let the bear in mind as well that every great product has their flaws. these flaws include:
1. Lithium-ion batteries have allergic to hot temperatures, this means they have a tendency to overheat. But don’t worry too much about that because if we handle your solar installation. We will definitely draft out a good structure that will place the solar storage bank in a well-ventilated area without causing obstruction in your compound.
2. Lithium-ion batteries are generally expensive: The price of lithium-ion batteries is slightly higher than other batteries though the quality justifies it. Personally, it worth its price.
3. If you completely discharge lithium-ion batteries, it is ruined. This is actually part of the technical lessons which we give you after installing your solar so as to maximize the lifespan of your solar battery.
Now that you learned the pros and cons of lithium-ion batteries, let’s talk more about the pricing and packages for our solar installation. we offer the best installation package so far in Nigeria and that’s why some solar blogs like naihcotech.com have featured us amongst other solar installing companies.
FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUR PRODUCT PAGE AND GIVE US A CALL FOR A QUALITY SERVICE WITH SURE WARRANTY.